Wednesday, July 8, 2015

To the Person that Paid for My Starbucks


To the Person that Paid for My Starbucks,

You didn’t know me and you will probably not remember me, but I will always remember you. A while back, I was going through a difficult time in my life. I just gone through a very hard break up and financially I was having difficulties. Due to a car accident, I was in a lot of pain and seeing doctors repeatedly to attempt to alleviate or control it. One week I made a little bit of extra money so I decided to treat myself to a refreshing drink before making my way to another frustrating doctor’s appointment. I went into the drive-through and ordered my favorite drink. When I drove up to the window to pay for my beverage, the barista informed me that the driver in front of me paid for my drink and that I was good to go. You don’t know how much that seemingly trifling act of kindness meant to me. You have no idea the impact that you made in my life because of a small kind deed that you decided to do for a complete stranger.
I want you to know that a few weeks later, I paid it forward by covering a meal for a woman who didn’t have enough money to pay for her subway sandwich. When I did this, she looked at me in shock and thanked me. I hope I made her day as much as you made mind with your anonymous benevolence. I wish I could have thanked you in person, so instead I will write to you in this blog. I want you to know that your kind gesture, even though it was several months ago, still means the world to me and that you helped inspire a ripple effect that spread your generosity to others.
To the readers that are reading my blog right now, don’t ever hesitate to do something kind for a stranger. You never know the great impact that a small gesture can make. One pebble can disturb the surface of an entire pond. If you want to be remembered by strangers, showing random acts of kindness can make life long impressions.  

Signed,

A Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment